Newcastle Futures – Employment Adviser
Salary: £21,000 – £24,960 (depending on experience)
Location: Team base Newcastle: working flexibly between various local community venues within the city, team base and home. Advisers manage their own diaries to ensure they are productive and offer a sustainable service.
Hours: Hours are negotiable – post is available full/part-time or job share. A flexi working system is in place (8am-6pm Monday to Friday).
Status: 12 months Fixed Term, may be extended subject to funding and performance.
PURPOSE OF POST
To support Newcastle residents into employment by delivering an advice and guidance employability support as part of a community-based team.
Method of delivery
The team member will deliver both face-to-face and digitally in a blended service offer, enhancing each customer’s digital skills as part of their overall journey into employment.
Working from outreaches across the city (Covid risk assessed), base office (Covid risk assessed) and home.
• Deliver performance targets, company aims, objectives and values.
• Provide a flexible and innovative approach to engagement in local communities.
• Manage your own caseload ensuring the customer receives a service that meets their needs for employability, while also taking into account any wider set of customer requirements which may require facilitating referrals to other service providers.
• Build and maintain positive links with other services/agencies which will benefit your customers.
• Record on customer management system all interventions to ensure all contractual and customer needs are accurate and up to date.
The successful candidate will work as part of a team of 10, and report to their team manager.
To reach out and engage by:
• Linking with other services/support and agencies to set up and maintain an effective referral system and good working relationships.
• Ensuring the applicant is eligible for the service and that their needs can be suitably met, if not, sign post to an appropriate support provider/agency or report identified missing gaps to team manager/team for future discussion.
• Registering customers in a timely manner that ensures good customer service standards.
• Completing in-depth assessments to identify barriers to progression.
• Co-creating personal action plans with customers to achieve desired goals.
• Marketing Newcastle Futures’ services to ensure customer engagement.
• Acting as an ambassador of Newcastle Futures to create a brand/reputation that others can trust and want to work with.
Maintaining effective relationships
• Treat each customer as an individual and ensure they receive tailored support for their needs, understanding that some people are dealing with very challenging situations that need other agencies’ input.
• Support and collaborate with customers on a regular basis to ensure progressions are achieved.
• Research and explore all available support, helping the customer understand and prepare for the necessary first steps into training and employment/self-employment opportunities.
• Work collaboratively with your team and other partners to build up your portfolio of knowledge and skills to aid your customers.
• Consider new ways of working to stimulate effective solutions for customers and improve service delivery.
• Manage a caseload of customers ensuring both excellent customer service is delivered and performance is assured.
• Coach and prepare customers for job interviews, support with application completion and increase their digital literacy.
Maintain and ensure all monitoring and recording systems and business processes are kept accurate and up to date at all times
• Maintain documentation in line with procedures and legal requirements.
• Maintain accurate records and paperwork in line with required processes.
• Ensure database and the Newcastle Futures’ performance information is kept up to date and accurate.
• Conduct personal monitoring to maintain satisfactory performance level and development.
The above is not exhaustive, and the successful candidate will be expected to undertake any duties which may reasonably fall within the level of responsibility.
The closing date for applications is midnight on 31/05/2022.
For further information about the post or if you require the job description and application form to be posted or emailed to you, please contact:
Kelly Leybourne on 07918 704452 / Gavin Hulse-Crawley on 07710 307542 / Vickyy Holmes on 07710089889
Download Application Form
Download Full Job Description & Personal Specification